brush fire

MOSES LAKE - A small brush fire Wednesday afternoon along Moses Lake was caused by a homeless man attempting to light a propane heater.

The fire was first reported at about 12:50 p.m. along the shoreline behind West Marina Drive. The man told Moses Lake police he was attempting to use a propane heater in his tent but the propane tank wasn’t installed correctly.

Witnesses reported hearing at least one explosion just before the fire started. The man says he threw the heater out of his tent and was trying to collect his belongings.

Moses Lake firefighters responded and contained the blaze to about an acre.

No injuries were reported.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.