21-year-old Anthony Vargas-Martinez, the Adams County Jail inmate who was victimized by his cellmate in a brutal attack appears to be doing better after he was admitted to Spokane Sacred Heart Hospital in critical condition Tuesday morning. Vargas-Martinez was severely beaten by his cellmate…
MOST RECENT POST
An injured hiker who was rescued in Chelan County on Thursday has been airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle for treatment.
MOSES LAKE - A single-wide trailer burned on Marina Drive in Moses Lake Thursday night.
SOAP LAKE - Josh and Jane Chambers are doing ok after the brush fire truck they were in took a tumble earlier this week while fighting a 300-acre brush in Soap Lake. The Grant County Fire District 7 volunteers told KREM 2 news that the crash could have taken their lives.
FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. (AP) — A U.S. Supreme Court ruling expanding state authority to prosecute some crimes on Native American land is fracturing decades of law built around the hard-fought principle that tribes have the right to govern themselves on their own territory, legal experts say.
EPHRATA - A man on a bike was taken to a hospital after he was struck by a vehicle in Ephrata on Thursday.
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Washington Gov. Jay Inslee said Thursday that the U.S. Supreme Court “took a wrecking ball” to the ability of the federal government to limit pollution and said that states must redouble their efforts to address climate change.
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — Gov. Jay Inslee has issued a directive instructing the Washington State Patrol to not cooperate with out-of-state abortion investigations, a preemptive move in case states where abortion is banned or significantly restricted seek to investigate whether their residents h…
EPHRATA - A local utility could soon expand its portfolio of energy-delivering resources in Grant County. This week, Grant PUD commissioners were briefed about the options the utility is considering to satisfy its long-term power needs. Such was presented during a showing of the utility’s In…
WASHINGTON (AP) — About half of Americans believe former President Donald Trump should be charged with a crime for his role in the U.S. Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, a new poll shows.
SEATTLE (AP) — The Washington Supreme Court on Thursday unanimously overturned a man’s conviction for assaulting police officers, blasting a series of racist remarks by the prosecutor who handled the case.
MESA - It was a good week for lottery winners in north central Washington.
OTHELLO - The Adams County Sheriff’s Office says the victim in Sunday’s shooting in Othello has died.
- (Opinion) President Biden: Your Policies Are Hurting Washingtonians
- On Your Mind: It’s Time to Wake Up and Smell the Inflation
- On Your Mind: Let Our Officers Do Their Jobs
- On Your Mind: How science and divine intervention saved my sister from coronavirus
- OPINION: Moses Lake School District Replacement Educational Programs and Operations Levy
- Letter to the Editor: Support for Joe Schmit
- Letter To The Editor: Endorsement for Joe Schmit
MOSES LAKE - 28-year-old Samuel Adams of Moses Lake is behind bars after he and 40-year-old Brian Wallace of Omak allegedly burglarized a home and made off with over $20,000 in cash in Okanogan County last week.
SOAP LAKE - Nearly four months after the resignation of former Soap Lake Superintendent Sunshine Pray, the investigative conclusions into allegations of misconduct against her were released to iFIBER ONE News on Tuesday.
VANTAGE — Both westbound Interstate 90 lanes over the Vantage Bridge will be back open on Wednesday after WSDOT had to make emergency repairs.
CHELAN - Hope that a missing kayaker is alive and well after disappearing during a voyage on Lake Chelan appears to be fading.
WENATCHEE — Investigators say a 36-year-old man had reloaded his pistol in front of officers and fired one round before he was shot and killed by Wenatchee police on May 7.
MALAGA — A mobile home was heavily damaged in a fire Tuesday afternoon in the Malaga area, displacing two adults and a child.
EPHRATA — Grant County Commissioners have appointed Undersheriff Ryan Rectenwald to serve as interim sheriff following the retirement of Sheriff Tom Jones.
SOAP LAKE - Two firefighters are recovering from minor injuries after the fire truck they were riding in rolled while battling the 300-acre blaze just east of Soap Lake on Tuesday night.
- Will Apple see a wave of unionization like Starbucks?
- Workplace inaccessibility is keeping disabled people from jobs
- Delta CEO apologizes for cancellations, delays
- As Biden aims to punish Russia on world stage, sanctions hurt at home
- Are record corporate profits driving inflation? Here's what experts think
- How the agriculture industry must adapt to megadrought in the West: Experts
- Airbnb issues permanent global party ban in wake of string of shootings
- Top companies respond to ruling overturning Roe v. Wade
- Retirees face threat from economy and market turmoil: Experts
- How to save money on gas as prices continue to climb