NEW YORK (AP) — Instead of finishing your leftovers, you let them go bad and buy takeout.
WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of Americans applying for unemployment benefits edged higher last week to 745,000, a sign that many employers continue to cut jobs despite a drop in confirmed viral infections and evidence that the overall economy is improving.
- 17% of food production globally wasted, UN report estimates
- US jobless claims tick up to 745,000 as layoffs remain high
- Billie Jean King memoir 'All In' to be published in August
- 'Dr. Oz' aids police in resuscitating man at Newark airport
- Vanessa Bryant still perseveres after Kobe, Gigi's death
- NASA releases Mars landing video: 'Stuff of our dreams'
- Netflix doc to examine man behind college admissions scandal
- National Spelling Bee to return in mostly virtual format
- NASA rover streaks toward a landing on Mars
- Delivery-only restaurant brands see pandemic-fueled growth
LIVE LISTEN RADIO
NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — When a traveler became stricken at Newark Liberty International Airport, the police got an assist from a celebrity doctor: Mehmet Oz.
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Vanessa Bryant said she is focused on “finding the light in darkness” in an emotional interview with People magazine detailing her attempts to push forward after her husband Kobe Bryant and daughter Gigi died in a helicopter crash early last year.
Do you know about the HOPE Garden Project in Shelton? Executive Director Rachel Uberman talks with Jeff Slakey about the gardens at Evergreen Elementary, Bordeux and at Mason General. They do a lot of good in the community but there is more work to be done. Rachel talks about how local garde…