In this "In The Community" segment, Jeff Slakey talks with Central Mason Fire & EMS Chief Mike Patti about how little time people actually have to get out of their homes when the smoke detector goes off. The time has gone down from 15-20 minutes to maybe 3 minutes. The main reason for this is the change in how furniture is made.
Please work a plan with your family on how you will get out of the home safely. After you have that plan, practice it.
Recent Facebook Live
- NASA releases Mars landing video: 'Stuff of our dreams'
- Netflix doc to examine man behind college admissions scandal
- National Spelling Bee to return in mostly virtual format
- NASA rover streaks toward a landing on Mars
- Delivery-only restaurant brands see pandemic-fueled growth
- Graceland plans in-person events during Elvis Week
- 'Game of Thrones' stars Harington, Leslie welcome baby boy
- Cost of a single Bitcoin exceeds $50,000 for first time
- William McRaven adapts bestseller 'Make Your Bed' for kids
- Gina Carano fired from 'Mandalorian' after social media post
LIVE LISTEN RADIO
(if player does not auto start, click the arrow)