EPHRATA – Quincy and Ephrata soccer battled to a 2-2 draw Tuesday night as the Jacks’ Kevin Rios scored late in the second half to even the match.
Quincy came into the game winless in its first three matches of the season but took an early lead on a goal from Juan Borja in the fifth minute.
A header from Ephrata’s Harley Klein in the 35th minute tied the game at 1-1 and just five later, the Tigers would take the lead on a goal from Luis Rodriguez.
The Jacks had a chance to tie the game in the 59th minute but Ephrata goaltender Andres Mendoza came up with the save on a shot from Rios.
Rios would get revenge in the 68th minute, firing a shot past Mendoza to even the match.
Quincy sits at 0-3-1 on the season and hosts Grandview on Thursday at 6 p.m.
Ephrata moves to 1-2-1 with a matchup against undefeated Othello on Saturday at noon in Ephrata.
iFIBER Daily Newscast
LATEST SPORTS NEWS
- Harden scores 38, Nets rally from 24 down, stun Suns 128-124
- Tsohonis scores 29, hits winner as Washington nips rival WSU
- Paxton returns to Mariners for $8.5M, 1-year deal
- Bonton scores 26, Washington St holds off UCLA 81-73
- Mavs' Cuban relents on anthem after NBA reiterates policy
- MLS delays season opener until April 17
- Liberty get Howard, Samuelson to Storm, 1st pick to Dallas