EPHRATA (VIDEO) – Three goals in the second half lifted Ephrata soccer over Grandview Tuesday night.
The Tigers improved their record to 4-2 and are tied for second place with Prosser, Selah and Grandview in the Central Washington Athletic Conference.
Both teams were held scoreless going into halftime but Ephrata didn’t take long to get on the board in the second half as Katelyn Ostrowski was able to beat two Grandview defenders to the ball just inside the box and find herself with an easy goal on an empty net.
About a minute later, Ephrata struck again, this time on a free kick from Sarai Kibby up and over the Grandview goalie.
The Tigers added another second half goal to take the 3-0 win.
Ephrata heads to Yakima on Saturday for a match against 3-3 East Valley.
iFIBER Daily Newscast
LATEST SPORTS NEWS
- Harden scores 38, Nets rally from 24 down, stun Suns 128-124
- Tsohonis scores 29, hits winner as Washington nips rival WSU
- Paxton returns to Mariners for $8.5M, 1-year deal
- Bonton scores 26, Washington St holds off UCLA 81-73
- Mavs' Cuban relents on anthem after NBA reiterates policy
- MLS delays season opener until April 17
- Liberty get Howard, Samuelson to Storm, 1st pick to Dallas