ENTIAT - An orchard burn gone awry was the cause of a fire that started near the Knapps Hill Tunnel in Chelan County on Saturday.
The $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief bill approved by the U.S. Senate over the weekend includes funding for Amtrak's Empire Builder route, which runs through the cities of Ephrata and Wenatchee and several states.
ELLENSBURG - As tribute to a Civil War veteran who became Kittitas County’s first African-American resident in 1886, the Kittitas County Historical Museum will place a headstone at his burial site in Ellensburg.
- Windy weather helps ignite fire near Knapps Hill Tunnel in Chelan County
- Federal virus aid package includes funding for train through Ephrata and Wenatchee
- Woman found dead Saturday morning at homeless sleep center in Moses Lake
- Kittitas County’s first black resident to finally get a headstone 104 years after death
- East Wenatchee legislator says Democrats using state Capitol gun ban bill to ‘chip away at our constitutional rights’
EAST WENATCHEE - During an interview with our news partner News Radio 560 KPQ, Republican state Sen. Brad Hawkins of East Wenatchee voiced his reservations about a bill that would prohibit the open carry of weapons at public demonstrations on state capitol grounds. Senate Bill 5038 passed th…
NEW YORK (AP) — Fully vaccinated Americans can gather with other vaccinated people indoors without wearing a mask or social distancing, according to long-awaited guidance from federal health officials.
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) — A measure that would allow high school students set to graduate this year or next to stay in school for a “bridge year” to catch up on learning and participate in missed extracurricular activities passed the Washington Senate.
OLYMPIA - Legislation supporting hydrogen-powered vehicles now has state Senate approval and is headed to the House. The Senate passed Sen.Brad Hawkins’ bill unanimously after he spoke virtually on the Senate floor.
LATEST SPORTS NEWS
- Moses Lake Airshow on for summer of 2021
- NFL to test new position-specific helmet designed for pros
- Harden scores 38, Nets rally from 24 down, stun Suns 128-124
- Tsohonis scores 29, hits winner as Washington nips rival WSU
- Paxton returns to Mariners for $8.5M, 1-year deal
- Bonton scores 26, Washington St holds off UCLA 81-73
- Mavs' Cuban relents on anthem after NBA reiterates policy